Tis the season of everything pumpkin! Now that October is here, pumpkin flavored products are starting to pop up all over grocery stores. Many of these food items feature pumpkin in the sweet variety, such as pies, cookies, and coffee drinks. If you are looking for a warm, savory way to enjoy pumpkin fall flavor without the sweetness, try this delicious Pumpkin Alfredo with Crispy Pancetta.
This pasta is incredibly easy to throw together and takes less than 15 minutes total to make. And the final product looks like you spent much longer making it! Pumpkin is a great source of carotenoids, which are the inactive form of Vitamin A. Once carotenoids are digested, they convert into the active form of Vitamin A, and can help support your immune system, eye health, and bone health. This dish would pair nicely with a fresh, green salad and will be sure to impress at your next dinner party!
Pumpkin Alfredo with Crispy Pancetta
Makes 4 servings
Recipe adapted from Delish
- 10 ounces dry linguine
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 ounces of pancetta
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 Tbs parsley, chopped, for serving
- In a large pot on the stove, start to boil a pot of water. Once boiling, cook according to package directions. Once finished, drain pasta and set aside for later.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta until crispy, typically 4-5 minutes for each side (or if pre-chopped, about 5-8 minutes total). Remove crispy pancetta from the skillet, chop into bite sized pieces if needed, drain excess grease, and set aside for later.
- While the pasta and pancetta are cooking, in a large sauté pan, melt butter, occasionally swirling in the pan, over medium heat until melted all the way through. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, then add rosemary.
- After 1 minute, add pumpkin puree to the pan and stir to combine. Once this has become homogenous, stir in milk, then parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and black pepper. Simmer sauce for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add drained pasta to the pumpkin alfredo in the sauté pan, toss until pasta is completely coated in sauce. Dish into individual servings, top with crispy pancetta pieces, fresh parsley, and more parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Nutrition Info (for 1 serving): 550 calories, 25 g total fat, 11 g saturated fat, 570 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.