Photo source: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/easy-quiche-recipe/
By: Jennifer Guptail, 2019 Dietetic Intern – University of MN
This quick and easy quiche is made with a frozen pie crust, however, it can also be made without the crust for a gluten free option. Quiche is such a versatile dish. Pair it with some fresh fruit for a healthy breakfast or with a romaine salad for a lunch or dinner option. Additionally, the recipe can be adjusted to include a variety of vegetables. Try adding broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, or bell peppers to increase both the color palette and nutrient content of the quiche.
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies
Makes 6 servings
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham or bacon (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- Thaw pie crust according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Combine ham or bacon, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and green onions into the pie crust, then add the egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
For 1 serving: Calories: 299, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 190mg, Sodium: 705mg, Potassium: 167mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 15g, Vitamin A: 10.1%, Vitamin C: 0.7%, Calcium: 20.8%, Iron: 9.6%