By Brianna Elliott, MS, RD, LD –OAM Nutrition Services Coordinator
Grilled fruit kebabs are a unique and fun way to enjoy fruit at your Labor Day barbecue. You can serve them along with grilled chicken or burgers. You can also add some cut-up chicken or shrimp to the kebabs. Or, eat them alone if you want to savor the sweet fruit one last time before summer comes to an end!
GRILLED FRUIT KEBABS
Recipe from Taste of Home
- ½ fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium nectarines, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium peaches, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 to 4 medium plums, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 10 apricots, halved
- 3 tbsp. honey or light corn syrup, warmed
Thread fruit alternately onto metal or soaked wooden skewer. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat until fruit is heated through, about 6 minutes, turning often. Brush with honey or corn syrup during the last minute of grilling time.
For 1 Serving: 196 calories ; 1 g fat (0 g saturated fat); 0 g cholesterol; 2 mg sodium; 49 g carbohydrate; 7 g fiber ; 3 g protein