Festive Green Salad- Using romaine lettuce as a base, top with strawberries, blueberries and feta cheese.
Kebabs- Alternate cubed chicken breast, blue (purple) potatoes, onions, cherry tomatoes, and red peppers on a skewer and grill.
Bomb Pops- Remember Bomb Pops? The red, white and blue sugary, juicy popsicles found in every ice cream truck? Here is a variation of the classic—slightly healthier and definitely heartier. All you need is a blender, a freezer and a little time.
Makes 10 popsicles
10- 9 oz Dixie cups
10 Popsicle sticks
2 cups strawberries
2 cups cranberry juice
1.5 quarts frozen yogurt
2 cups milk or soy milk
1 cup blueberries
- Blend strawberries and juice together until they create a puree consistency.
- Fill 1/3 of each Dixie cup with the strawberry puree.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes, until they are partially frozen.
- While the first section is freezing, blend 1 part milk with 3 parts frozen yogurt or ice cream. Blend until it’s nice and runny like a milk shake (add more milk if needed).
- Pour 2-3 TBSP on top of the frozen juice to create a layered look- the juice should be frozen enough to support the weight of the milk/yogurt mixture. (and if not, it will still look swirly and pretty!)
- Submerge a few blueberries into the milkshake part of each cup.
- Put a stick in each cup and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- To serve: Take the cups out of the freezer and let them sit for a few minutes until you are able to pull the popsicle out of the cup. Enjoy!