Calling all cancer survivors! Open Arms is partnering with THRIVORS to offer a 12-week online program that offers cancer-specific nutrition, exercise, community, mindfulness and support, customized to your diagnosis and fitness level.
What is THRIVORS™?
THRIVORS™ is an online program that offers cancer-specific exercise, nutrition, community, mindfulness and support. THRIVORS™ is customized to your cancer diagnosis, fitness level and interests. The program is confidential and accessible on any type of device (e.g., smart phone, laptop or tablet). Your 12-week program starts at your orientation. Orientations can be done in-person at Open Arms or via webinar (you just need a computer, tablet or smartphone with internet access). In-person orientations and webinars are scheduled for September 27-29, 2016.
This 12-week program will give you the tools to not only survive but to THRIVE! And to help you succeed, your first challenge is to build your support system by inviting a family member or friend to participate, too! Research shows that exercise and healthy lifestyle choices:
- Improve mood and outlook
- Add to the quality of life for cancer survivors
- Reduce complications such as pain and fatigue
- Empower survivors to own their recovery
When does it start?
Your 12-week program starts at your orientation. Orientations can be done in-person at Open Arms or via webinar (you just need a computer, tablet or smartphone with internet access). In-person orientations and webinars are scheduled for September 27-29, 2016.
Who can participate?
Open Arms clients and volunteers who are cancer survivors (plus a family member or friend).
What will the 12-week event measure?
- Changes in levels of pain and fatigue
- Physical improvements
- Better healthy eating habits
How much does it cost?
It’s FREE! Access is limited to the first 100 Open Arms clients and volunteers.
Are there prizes?
Yes! Three lucky participants will receive a one-hour nutrition counseling session with the Open Arms Nutrition Specialist, Brianna Elliott, RD, LD.
How do I sign up?
1. Choose one of these 30-minute orientation sessions (you can join us at Open Arms or by webinar from your home or other location):
- September 27, 2016 at 6:30 pm
- September 28, 2016 at 11:30 am
- September 29, 2016 at 9:30 am
2. Register by calling Cathy Skinner from THRIVORS™ at 651-587-5440 or cathy@Thrivors.com. Let us know which session you’ll be attending. If you’re going to join by webinar, please email Cathy so she can send you all of the webinar information.
3. What do I bring to the orientation?
- A device – a smart phone, computer or tablet (if you need a device to participate, let us know!)
- A friend – bring a partner, spouse, friend or loved one to join you in the 12-week program
- A commitment – this is a special program so we encourage you and your friend to make the most of this opportunity!
4. Can’t make it to Open Arms for orientation? You can complete orientation by webinar! You’ll need a computer, tablet or smartphone with internet access. Dates and times are the same as the in-person orientation.