For those of us who are vegan or lactose-intolerant, dessert can become an epic struggle to satisfy cravings for something sweet and creamy. Luckily, the avocado and coconut in this recipe create a texture and flavor so rich, you won’t even realize you’re not eating dairy.
This dessert even leans toward the healthy side – the high content of fiber and healthy fats in the avocado helps with satiety, while the nutrients in coconut milk have been shown to improve the strength and condition of your hair and nails. Add in the incredible taste, and it’s hard to say no to this decadent, healthy dessert.
Decadent Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. sweetener of choice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raspberries or mint leaves for garnish
- Microwave chocolate chips in 20 second intervals, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Blend ingredients until smooth. Start with 1/4 cup coconut milk and add more until desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until chilled.