Egg Muffin Cups
By: Kimi Nakagawa, 2018 University of Minnesota- Dietetic Internship- Intern
Cook up a batch of these simple, tasty egg muffins and enjoy them all week long. For omelet lovers who need a quick breakfast, or possibly an on the go breakfast, these muffins are the perfect solution! These egg muffins can be customized to your liking by switching out which meats, veggies, or cheese you use. You can also make these in bulk to truly minimize morning meal prep since they are freezer friendly and can be microwaved and served in a matter of seconds!
Easy Greek Chickpea Salad
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Makes 12 muffins
- 12 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1 cup breakfast meat (ham, turkey sausage, etc), diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup spinach, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add in all other ingredients and mix just until ingredients are combined.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray or line cups with individual muffin liners.
- Divide egg mixture between the 12 cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool muffins and serve immediately. Muffins may be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days or may be frozen for storage up to 60 days. To reheat frozen muffins, start microwaving muffin for 30 seconds and continue in 10 second intervals until muffin is warmed all the way through.
For 1 muffin: 145 calories, 10 g fat, 132 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein