Cool down this week with a delicious Greek chickpea salad. This dish is simple to make with little kitchen skill and no need to turn on the oven. It’s the perfect lunch or dinner to throw together if you are pinched for time and the refreshing Mediterranean flavors are a fantastic way to cool off as the temperature rises this week. This chilled salad is packed with plant-protein from the chickpeas and contains heart healthy fats from the olive oil-based dressing. It’s also full of vitamins, minerals, and plenty of dietary fiber from the colorful variety of vegetables in the salad.
For the Salad
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced & quartered
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove (1 teaspoon) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop all salad vegetables.
- Toss salad ingredients in a large bowl to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and oregano. Pour mixture onto salad and toss again to evenly coat. May add salt and pepper as desired.
- For best results, marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or may serve salad immediately. Store in refrigerator and enjoy within 2-3 days after making!
For 1 serving: 279 calories, 12 g fat, 462 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein