By Bailey Weirens, Dietetic Intern [University of Minnesota – The Emily Program]
Growing up in Minnesota, I spent the entirety of winter looking forward to warmer days ahead. And now they’re here!
Whether I am out rollerblading or relaxing by the pool there is nothing like a cold smoothie in the hot sun. This Berry Berry Summer Smoothie is sure to make a splash in your summer plans: perfect for any time of the day, it is bursting with fruity flavor and Vitamin C!
Berry Berry Summer Smoothie
Adapted from Minimalist Baker
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 large ripe, sliced and frozen banana
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup fresh berries for topping
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until desired consistency. If smoothie is too thick, add milk. If smoothie is too thin, add more fruit or ice cubes and blend again.
- Top smoothie with fresh berries and enjoy!
Per Serving: 200 calories, 1.5 g fat (1g saturated fat) 6 g protein, 43 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 55 mg sodium and no added sugar!