By Gwen Hill, Open Arms Registered Dietitian
Our clients get all sorts of goodies in their bags each week, including our house-made baguettes. These little guys are good for many things, including breakfast. Warm your syrup and enjoy this baguette French toast. Our bakers were happy to pass on their secrets so that you can enjoy them at home!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 baguette
1. Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
2. Cut the baguette into 3/4 inch slices.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray or butter.
4. Dip the bread pieces in the egg mixture to soak and coat.
5. Place the coated bread on the skillet. Cook until golden brown on each side.
6. Place onto plates and top with powdered sugar, butter, berries or maple syrup.