Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
Ingredients 7 ½ tbsps extra virgin olive oil
5 cloves garlic, chopped
4 medium onions, roughly chopped
3 pinches salt
4 medium potatoes, loosely chopped
3 medium zucchini, loosely chopped
10 cups vegetable stock
9 oz. package fresh spinach
2 ½ cups cilantro, loosely chopped
¼ cup lemon juice, or to taste
Instructions:1. In a large pot pour in the olive oil and place over medium heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the garlic and onions and sauté for a few minutes along with a pinch of salt. Just until they soften up a bit.
3. Stir in the potatoes and zucchini. Then add the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are soft. This will take between ten and fifteen minutes.
4. Add the spinach and stir until they wilt. This will only take about ten seconds. Then add the cilantro.
5. Next step is to puree the mixture. A hand blender would be easiest, but I don’t own one so I used my blender. Blend the mixture until it is smooth.
6. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
**This soup goes well with many different seasonings. I added a little Sriracha (hot sauce) to mine to give it a little kick. Since it is mainly vegetables it can be flavored anyway you like, go ahead and be creative!