Hello to our lovely, dedicated Open Arms Volunteers!!
I am reaching out to update you all on our current COVID-19 requirements as the world slowly reopens. We are very excited (we cannot wait to see your smiles) but also cautious, because, as you know, we serve a population most at risk from COVID-19. At this time, we are not requiring the COVID-19 vaccination to volunteer at Open Arms. However, we are continuing to require masks and social distancing and are proceeding with caution, so please keep that in mind as you read our continued restrictions.
1. Mask wearing by all volunteers, staff members and visitors/guests is still required inside our building. We will continue to evaluate, but don’t anticipate this changing in the immediate future.
2. Mask wearing during delivery pickup at our building is optional while you are in your vehicle. HOWEVER, we are still requiring masks when delivering to a client. Some of our clients were not able to be vaccinated for a number of reasons or live with unvaccinated children and others, so we want to take all precautions necessary with anyone in contact with our clients.
3. The contactless client delivery process will continue — drivers will still pick up meals outside our building and knock, drop, and wave outside client homes. Again, drivers ARE still expected to wear masks when delivering to clients, even while standing outdoors.
4. Social distancing in our building is still expected.
5. Masks wearing outside at our 5 farm locations is optional.
6. We are discontinuing screening building visitors effective June 1st. You will no longer be asked questions by our staff to enter our building, but we still expect all visitors to refrain from visiting us if you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed below.
7. There are no travel restrictions if you are fully vaccinated. You are free to come in and volunteer at any time after travel. If you are not vaccinated, we ask you wait 10 days to return to our building.
8. People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 are not required to quarantine if they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show no symptoms. People who are not fully vaccinated and who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 should not return to the building for 14 days after the last contact with the person who has COVID-19.
AS ALWAYS: If you have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours, we respectfully ask that you visit our premises 10 days after your symptoms have cleared up.
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
We will keep you updated as things continue to change and evolve in the coming months. Thanks for all you do for our clients and for keeping our community safe!
Senior Director of Volunteer Engagement and Hospitality