By Elise Williamson, Dietetic Intern [Normandale Community College]
If you’re in need of the perfect snack and have just ten minutes to spare, then look no further. These no-bake energy bites will do the trick and keep you energized between meals.
As a college student, I find that instructors aren’t enthused when you drift asleep during their lectures or grab a crunchy snack to settle a grumbly tummy in the middle of a test. So these no-bake energy bites are a simple fix for meeting my needs in the classroom or on the go. And to be completely honest, they are DELICIOUS little drops of heaven!
No-Bake Energy Bites
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
(Makes about 20–25 bites)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cranberries
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Per serving (about 2 bites): 305 calories, 12 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 48 g carbohydrates, 31 g added sugar, 6 g fiber, and 96 mg sodium.