By Fresona Vang, Dietetic Tech Intern [Normandale Community College]
When summer weather makes turning on the oven or stove unthinkable, what better way to cool down than with a cold cucumber salad that requires very little effort to make?
This refreshing recipe is incredibly simple: you most likely already have all of the required ingredients stored in your pantry and refrigerator!
Hungarian Cucumber Salad
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 2 large seedless English cucumbers, thinly sliced (preferably with a mandolin)
- 1 extra large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- Lightly toss cucumber slices, onion slices, dill and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Pour vinegar over cucumber mixture; toss to coat.
- Pour oil over cucumber mixture; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and black pepper and a sprinkle of paprika.
Per serving: 100 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 1 gram protein, 390 mg sodium