By Elise Williamson, Dietetic Intern [Normandale Community College]
Let’s face it: we’re always on our way somewhere for something. As a college student, I’m on the go and rarely have a moment to pause and eat a sufficient meal, even as a dietetics major (ironic, right?).
Well, this treat is fast, simple and nutritious and makes a quick on-the-go breakfast for all of you busy bees! This smoothie contains a delicious mixture of fresh fruits full of vitamin C and antioxidants. It’s also dairy free, gluten free, and vegan.
Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie
Adapted from The Pretty Bee
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen pomegranate
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- Place the frozen berries in the blender and let them thaw for about 10 minutes.
- Add the kiwis and cranberry juice and blend on high until smooth.
- Top with more kiwi or berries if desired.
If using fresh fruit, add 4 ice cubes to maintain a smoothie-like consistency.
Per serving: 513 calories, 3 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 124 g carbohydrates, 10 g added sugar, 26 g fiber, and 16 mg sodium.