This week’s recipe comes from Chef Zachary, who demonstrated this rustic Italian bread and tomato salad at the IDS Center Farmers Market. It’s a great way to toss together farmers market goodies into a savory meal.
- 3 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, skinned and seeds removed
- 1 medium loaf bread, torn into chunks or cubed (stale or grilled)
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1 cup micro greens
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan reggiano, shaved
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature and garnish with additional micro greens and parsley.
Cook with us in the Open Arms kitchen! Sign up for a volunteer orientation>>
Support fresh, delicious meals for people living with life-threatening illnesses by donating to Open Arms>