by Leah Hetterick, Dietetic Intern [Sodexo]
Desserts with fruit are my favorite. This delicious recipe can be made any time of the year – at a barbecue in the summer or an excuse to fire up the warm oven in the winter! It’s a super easy recipe, and it’s always a big hit.
The best part is that you can choose different fruit toppings depending on what you have available. In addition, Fruit Pizza doesn’t give you a sugar overload like most other desserts. It adds extra protein to your diet due to the greek yogurt, and it incorporates fresh fruits. How can you go wrong?
- For toppings:
- 6 oz. nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 8 oz. fat-free Cool Whip
- 3 cups of cut up fresh fruit (ex: strawberries, kiwi, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- For sugar cookie dough:
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, yogurt, and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add egg, allowing it to blend into the butter mixture. Beat in vanilla extract. Mix in flour mixture.
- Spray a 18” by 26” sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly press the sugar cookie dough into the sheet pan.
- Bake cookie dough crust in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Greek yogurt and Cool Whip. Once the crust has cooled, spread the frosting mixture in an even layer over the crust.
- Decorate your fruit pizza with various fresh fruit pieces. Serve and enjoy!
1 serving: 131 calories, 2 g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4g fat (3g sat fat), 58mg sodium