by Pilar Chilet, Dietetic Intern [University of Minnesota Medical Center – Fairview]
Try this delicious and healthy recipe when you want to eat something different any time of the year! In springtime, I like pairing this dish with brown rice and asparagus.
Fish is an important source of omega 3 fatty acids, a healthy fat for our bodies. It also provides an excellent source of protein to our diet.
Baked Cod Fish with Lemon & Pepper
(Serves: about 4)
- 4 cod fish fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Cooking spray for greasing baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, zest and squeeze lemon and mix with garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Dip fish into mixture.
- Place fish in a greased baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.