Last year’s TOAST! volunteer appreciation event was full of amazing creations. At the request of one of our volunteers, we are honoring the third place winner this week as our 150th weekly recipe! The ‘Like a King’ sandwich takes its name from the King himself, Elvis Presley. It’s spicy, crunchy, sweet, and downright delicious… but we wouldn’t recommend eating one every day unless you want to end up as large as the King.
- Bananas sliced up (into thin circles)
- Crunchy peanut butter with added spiciness… Sriracha sauce and some dry Mexican spices
- White bread
- Powdered sugar
1. Take two slices of white bread, on one side add a liberal amount of nutella and a thin layer of sliced bananas. On the other slice add a liberal amount of peanut butter. Combine slice to make a sandwich.
2. Spread butter on both exposed sandwich sides and place in a pan on medium heat. Listen for the sizzle. Grill the sandwich until it’s golden brown and then flip it to repeat of the other side. Remove from the pan once both sides are golden brown and the insides are gooey and melted. Let cool for a moment for slicing.
3. We then cut the sandwich into six small sandwiches, dusted with powdered sugar and garnished with a slice of banana and a toothpick. Enjoy!