We know many of you are busy thinking about what to cook, bake or make for Thanksgiving, so here’s a Tuesday recipe teaser from our very own Gwen Hill. Sign up for our newsletter – The Weekly Dish – to get a new recipe every week.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Photo by Brian Jackson via Flickr
There’s more to a pumpkin than just pie. Roasted seeds are a yummy bonus from the hard work of digging out the pumpkin guts.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pull all pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkin.
- Put into a strainer and clean under running water.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes, depending on the amount of seeds. Stir half way through cooking. Watch closely- they go from deliciously roasted brown to a dark brown burn in a matter of minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add additional salt to taste, if needed.