This week we’re bringing you a signature dish from our head chef Asei Tendle: a buttery cornbread stuffing with dried cranberries. It’s a Southern take on the Thanksgiving classic that’s a tradition in the Tendle family.
Want to learn more of Asei’s favorite holiday dishes?
Sign up for our upcoming cooking class: Holiday Cooking for a Crowd! Learn more and get your tickets>>
Asei’s Cornbread Stuffing
Recipe from Asei Tendle, Food Services Director at Open Arms
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 7 slices dried white bread
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sage, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread and bread slices; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over cornbread mixture. Add the stock and mix well.
- Add sage, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with turkey as a side dish.