By Rita Panton, Open Arms Kitchen Manager
A Facebook friend sent us an email recently with a very nice message about some of our baked goods. “Anyway you can message me the dairy free soy free strawberry muffin that I got today. Had cocunut milk in it and eggs. With the allergies for my son, it’s hard to find good muffin recipe and this one is delicious!” We’re happy to help, enjoy!
–Dairy Free, Soy free, Gluten Free
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 c gluten free flour blend**
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
**This is the flour blend used in this recipe:
- 1 1/2 c garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 c tapioca starch
- 1/4 c brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350. In a stand mixer combine egg, oil, and coconut milk. Beat at medium speed until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar. On low speed combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingreients. Increase speed to medium and beat for two minutes. Fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop into lined muffin tins. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is springy. Recipe will yield around 14 muffins.