DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE Partnerships
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- A seasoned development professional with the experience and the ability to lead an aggressive organization-wide strategy to significantly increase corporate support at all levels.
- An enthusiastic relationship builder who is genuinely interested in creating and nurturing relationships across the organization and community, who understands that Open Arms’ unique, relational culture is the key to our success and growth.
- A skilled storyteller who can tell the story of our clients and excels at communicating the impact of our programs.
- A dynamic, extroverted leader with excellent interpersonal skills, who is focused on stewarding existing relationships and cultivating new relationships.
- An ambassador of philanthropy, who will strengthen our culture of philanthropy among staff, volunteers, and community partners who interact with Open Arms.
- A strong brand ambassador who sees the development process and fundraising as opportunities to participate in our mission.
- A flexible leader who excels in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with extremely diverse and distinct organizational departments.
- A non-profit leader with a passion for and knowledge of volunteer-driven, community-building organizations, and a commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Open Arms.
- A hands-on team player, who is comfortable at the strategic level, but is not afraid to get their hands dirty in an “all-hands on deck” organization.
- An experienced and adept manager and supervisor, skilled in managing diverse personalities both internally and externally.
- Minimum 8+ years of fundraising experience, including significant experience in cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding five to six-figure gifts.
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing fundraising campaigns and projects, to achieve desired outcomes, tracking and reporting on progress to management.
- Knowledge of principles of corporate social responsibility, cause marketing, employee engagement, sponsorship, product donations, social enterprise, philanthropy and grantmaking.
- Ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to prospects, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to ideate and develop comprehensive proposals and create and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
- Proven track record in supporting organizational leadership in donor cultivation, communications, and events.
- 3+ years of staff supervision experience with an understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies
- High emotional intelligence (E.Q.), possibility thinking, collaboration and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize conflicting needs; handle requests and projects expeditiously, proactively, and follow them through to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills with an ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to always maintain confidentiality and discretion requirements.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills with careful attention to details
- Ability to consult and interact with highest levels of corporate leadership & has established relationships.
- Experience in planning and working within budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to create, lead and motivate a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to provide friendly, excellent collaborative service to internal and external constituencies.
- Advanced ability in MS Office and Internet research applications.
- Ability to create and contribute to a positive and supportive team environment.
- Ability and flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Flexibility to work on two different worksites and off-site events.
- Sensitivity and commitment to diversity and ability to work respectfully with a wide array of co-workers and members of the community.
- A passion for the mission and values of Open Arms.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to join the amazing Open Arms team, please send resume and cover letter detailing pertinent experience to:
Open Arms of Minnesota Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2500 Bloomington Avenue S, Minneapolis MN 55404