Chief Development Officer
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- A seasoned development professional who has personally solicited and landed major gifts, planned gifts, institutional sponsorships and grants, as well as overseen large events with a proven history of success.
- An enthusiastic relationship builder who is genuinely interested in creating and nurturing relationships across the organization and community, who understands that Open Arms’ unique, relational culture is the key to our success and growth.
- A skilled storyteller who can tell the story of our clients and excels at communicating the impact of our programs.
- A warm, extroverted leader with excellent interpersonal skills, who is focused on stewarding existing relationships and cultivating new relationships while bringing a strategic and visionary lens to their work.
- An ambassador of philanthropy, who will strengthen our culture of philanthropy among staff, volunteers, community partners who interact with Open Arms.
- A collaborative, inclusive peer who will work as a partner with members of the Senior Leadership team, helping to achieve the best organizational outcomes.
- A strong brand ambassador who sees the development process and fundraising as opportunities to participate in our mission.
- A flexible leader who excels in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with extremely diverse and distinct organizational departments.
- A non-profit leader with a passion for and knowledge of volunteer-driven, community-building organizations, and a commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Open Arms.
- A hands-on team player, who is comfortable at the strategic level, but is not afraid to get their hands dirty in organizational operations.
- An experienced and adept manager and supervisor, skilled in managing diverse personalities both internally and externally.
Go HERE to learn more about Open Arms.
If you’re interested in this opportunity and would like to join the amazing Open Arms team, please send resume and cover letter detailing pertinent experience to:
Open Arms of Minnesota Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2500 Bloomington Avenue S, Minneapolis MN 55404