Special Events & Development Nonprofit Internship
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
The Special Events & Development nonprofit intern will participate in nearly every aspect of the Organization. This internship will play an integral role in the daily activities of the Organization, as well as explore the inner workings of running a nonprofit. Intern activities may include, but are not limited to, weekly shifts preparing and packaging meals in the kitchen, delivering meals to clients, hosting delivery driver volunteers, and gardening at our farm plot. Whenever possible, time will also be allotted to facilitate projects related to an intern’s specific area of interest. A commitment of at least 15 hours a week with occasional evenings until May 20, 2022, is required. This is an unpaid internship and reports directly to the Events Manager.
- Passion for the mission of Open Arms
- Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours
- Must be available to work on Thursday May 12th, 2022, for Open Arms’ Moveable Feast fundraiser
- Flexible schedule leading up to May 12th, 2022, to prepare for Moveable Feast
- Strong communication skills and outstanding ability to maintain and foster relationships to ensure success working with a diverse base of volunteers and clients
- Strong organization skills to maintain a spreadsheet containing hundreds of businesses
- Ability to track, organize and display Open Arms merchandise, and collaborate with staff for looks of new apparel
- Ability to be part of a team and to maintain effective communication with other interns and staff members
- Ability to be energizing and contribute to a positive team environment.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and cheerful demeanor in stressful situations.
- Confidence to solicit and collect in-kind donations
- Ability to multitask with other projects from Development and Communications staff members
- Valid driver’s license
- Sensitivity and commitment to diversity and able to work respectfully with wide array of members of the community.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to work on feet and to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to operate standard office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer and copy machine.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to drive a vehicle and navigate GPS