This is a full-time and benefits-eligible position in a high-volume production kitchen preparing and packaging ready-to-eat meals. Working as part of a team, the Production Cook is responsible for food preparation, kitchen safety and sanitization, overall kitchen cleanliness and organization. As with all OAM staff positions, this position is responsible for helping ensure volunteers and interns have an exemplary experience during all interactions with Open Arms and is expected to consistently maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients, and fellow team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of daily food preparation and packaging in a large production kitchen.
- Ensures all menu items are produced using approved recipes and are created with high quality ingredients.
- Follow safe food handling guidelines and all applicable state and local food safety regulations.
- Ensure accurate labeling of all items produced in the kitchen, including sub-ingredients, allergens, product dating, etc., seeking guidance or clarification as needed from the Food Services Manager.
- Identify and resolve ongoing food production issues.
- Provides an outstanding environment and experience for all volunteers by
- Regularly seeking out meaningful and positive interactions with volunteers
- Ensuring volunteers have access to tasks and projects
- Maintaining a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude at all times
- Setting an example to other staff by consistently providing high quality customer service, and modeling positive resolution
- Direct upbeat and positive organized interactions with volunteers in the kitchen, including large groups.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures food safety by training and actively managing staff and volunteers to the regulations and standards in food handling, food storage, equipment operation, kitchen cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Work on your feet, assisting in preparing the correct amount and type of ordered meals, ready for pick-up by customers.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of new menus and recipes.
- Create written documentation for new recipe development and current recipe changes for product packaging labels.
- Control food waste.
- Demonstrate high level of customer service and professional behavior within the kitchen.
- Maintains food quality, safety, and presentation standards through the use of portion control and appropriate cooking, cooling and storage and packing procedures.
- Assists in preparing for and catering in-house special events.
- Periodically measures food quality by tasting recipe components.
- Use computer as needed.
- Work as a team player and step in when needed.
- Be a Champion of our mission, purpose, and values.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- At least two years of culinary experience.
- Experience in high-volume, commercial or production kitchens.
- ServSafe certified.
- Great organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the business.
- The drive and ability to learn new techniques and skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A demonstrated commitment and understanding of high customer service
- Ability to be energizing and contribute to a positive team environment.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and cheerful demeanor in stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task and keep composure while working under pressure during busy periods.
- Ability to work in two different sites as needed.
- High work ethic and demonstrated reliability.
- Flexibility to work in two different sites.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work during hours of operations, including occasional weeknights or weekends.
- Ability to adhere to attendance and punctuality requirements, to meet time-sensitive client and business needs.
- Sensitivity and commitment to diversity and ability to work respectfully with wide array of co-workers and members of the community.
- A passion for the mission and values of Open Arms.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage, and other items greater than 35 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and able to transport up to 70 pounds.
- Able to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, and twist. Requires full range of motion, manual dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision, full color vision, sense of smell and taste, and hearing to normal range.
- Able to operate a variety of kitchen appliances, tools, and utensils, and to operate office equipment and software programs.
August 11, 2022
Food Services Manager
$23.00 per hour
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2500 Bloomington Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
This position is eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/life/ STD/LTD insurance, paid Holidays and personal time off (PTO), retirement plan with employer match program. Employee-paid vision plan is also available. Open Arms of Minnesota is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, disability, or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Open Arms of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.