This is a 40-hour-per-week, benefits-eligible position in a high-volume production kitchen preparing and packaging ready-to-eat meals. Working as part of a team at Open Arms of Minnesota, Production Manager is a responsible leader acting as a role model to the entire staff. The Production Manager is responsible for food preparation, kitchen safety and sanitization, overall kitchen cleanliness, and organization. In the absence of the Food Services Manager, the Production Manager will oversee the daily production, ensuring efficiency and volunteer engagement through proper distribution of tasks. As with all OAM staff positions, this position is responsible for helping ensure volunteers and interns have an exemplary experience during all interactions with Open Arms and is expected to consistently maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients and fellow team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work directly with Food Services Manager on the following:
- Work on your feet to operate all dishwashing equipment safely and correctly
- Clean and sanitize the dish-room all kitchenware including kitchen pots, pans, and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize the baffles in the hoods.
- Keep volunteer lounge area and restrooms clean and always organized.
- Keep kitchen area clean and always organized, assisting with deliveries, and often carrying 50 pounds or more.
- Use all chemicals properly in the correct quantities for safety and cost control.
- Assist in the maintenance, cleanliness, and stocking of kitchen storage areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
- Responsible for removing all kitchen trash and ensure that recycling and compost procedure is being followed.
- Responsible for washing, drying, and storing all linens.
- Responsible for washing, drying the kitchen aprons, and restocking them for volunteer use.
- Ensuring all equipment is properly cleaned.
- Maintain a work environment that is safe, respectful, and productive for everyone.
Kitchen Prep and Support
- Work directly with Chefs to ensure proper food safety.
- Manage and organize current cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrate high level of customer service and professional behavior within the kitchen.
- Help ensure Open Arms provides an outstanding experience for all volunteers by regularly seeking out meaningful and positive interactions with them and maintaining a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude at all times.
- Assist with the setup for onsite catering events.
- Assist in the organization of the basement kitchen storage area, including catering supplies.
- Other related duties as assigned by Food Services Manager.
- Experience in high-volume commercial kitchen environment.
- Basic culinary skills.
- Strong janitorial skills.
- Great organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the business.
- The drive and ability to learn new techniques and skills.
- A demonstrated commitment and understanding of high customer service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High work ethic and demonstrated reliability.
- Ability to be energizing and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and keep composure while working under pressure during busy periods.
- Ability to work on two different sites as needed.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work occasional weeknights or weekends.
- Flexibility to work in two different worksites.
- Ability to adhere to attendance and punctuality requirements, to meet time sensitive client and business needs.
- Sensitivity and commitment to diversity and ability to work respectfully with wide array of co-workers and members of the community.
- A passion for the mission and values of Open Arms.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage, and other items greater up to 50 pounds and able to transport up to 70 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, and twist. Requires full range of motion, manual dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision, full color vision, sense of smell and taste, and hearing to normal range.
- Able to operate standard kitchen dishwashing equipment.
- Able to operate standard office cleaning machines such as floor scrubber, carpet cleaners, loading dock materials.
October 13, 2022
Food Services Manager
$18.00 per hour
This position is eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/life/ STD/LTD insurance, paid Holidays and personal time off (PTO), retirement plan with employer match program. Employee-paid vision plan is also available. Open Arms of Minnesota is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, disability, or socioeconomic status. We encourage all individuals with direct or transferable experience to apply for our open positions.
Open Arms of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.