Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Internships are typically structured to begin and end within a school semester.
The nonprofit intern will participate in nearly every aspect of the organization. This internship will play an integral role in the daily activities of the organization, as well as explore the inner workings of running a nonprofit. Intern activities may include, but are not limited to, weekly shifts preparing and packaging meals in the kitchen, delivering meals to clients, hosting delivery driver volunteers, and gardening at our farm plot. Whenever possible, time will also be allotted to facilitate projects related to an intern’s specific area of interest.
A commitment of at least 20 hours a week for a minimum of three months is required. Each intern will need to commit to working a minimum of one Saturday a month from 8:00am–2:00pm. This is an unpaid internship and reports directly to the Volunteer Services Team.
- Passion for the mission of Open Arms
- Strong communication skills and outstanding ability to maintain and foster relationships to ensure success working with a diverse base of volunteers and clients
- Ability to be part of a team and to maintain effective communication with other interns and staff members
- Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (such as telephone, personal computer, printer and copy machine) and set up tabletop displays
- Volunteer Services TeamAbility to lift up to 50 pounds, drive a vehicle and navigate steps
Volunteer Services Team
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2500 Bloomington Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55404