Turkey Drive 2022
Each year, as part of YESvember, Open Arms of Minnesota celebrates Thanksgiving by providing each client the opportunity to receive a wholesome turkey dinner to enjoy with their loved ones. To ensure that they have a homemade feast to enjoy Thanksgiving Day, we ask that you consider donating to our 2022 Turkey Drive. This month, Open Arms will deliver meals to more clients than ever before and we need to raise $115,000 to purchase the quality ingredients used to create these Thanksgiving meals for more than 1400 primary clients and their loved ones.
Please help support our Turkey Drive so we can ensure our critically-ill neighbors have a nice Thanksgiving feast this year!
While supporting a current fundraising page is fantastic, we also encourage you to start your own Turkey Drive fundraiser to share with your friends and family. You’ll even have a chance to win prizes! Read below to learn about how to start a Turkey Drive fundraiser and the sweet prizes you can win along the way.
How to Start A Turkey Drive Fundraiser & Earn Rewards
2. Share your Turkey Drive page with your network
Sharing your page is of course critical to the success of your fundraiser. Visit our TURKEY TOOLKIT for sample language for email and social media, including general tips and optional graphics!
3. Keep promoting your fundraiser throughout the month
To encourage as many donations as possible, keep promoting your Turkey Drive until its final day, Wednesday, November 30. A great day to re-promote is each Tuesday of the month, as you can earn yourself a gift card if you win the Turkey Tuesday Badge! (Details below)
4. Collect badges and earn rewards!
If you start a fundraiser, you have the chance to unlock six badges throughout the month, each coming with a prize! We will contact you directly about all badges and rewards.
Badges & Rewards
- Open an Account Badge: Start your page by November 11 to be entered to win a gift card to Petite León in Minneapolis!
- Virtual High 5 Badge: Get 5 people to each donate $5 or more by 5pm Saturday, Nov. 5 and receive a $15 VISA gift card!
- Gratitude Badge: Raise $500 by Wednesday, November 30 and receive a winter warm-up package, including a pound of Peace Coffee, a mug, and cookies!
- Super Turkey Badge: Raise $1,000 by Wednesday, November 30 and receive dinner for two at one of 50 restaurant partners located across the Twin Cities!
- Top Turkey Badge: Raise the most money by November 30th!
- Top Individual: win a weekend Staycation Package, including an overnight hotel stay for two with gift cards for entertainment and dinner.
- Top Team: win a happy hour package at one of Open Arms’ generous beverage partners in the Twin Cities!
If you have any questions about Turkey Drive, please email [email protected]. And please don’t forget other ways you can support our clients by learning more about YESvember. Thank you and have fun!