Chief Finance and Administration Officer
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- A finance professional who has overseen and managed the financial and administrative operations of an $8 million+ organization, who thinks strategically but pays attention to details and is comfortable both planning and “doing”.
- A team player, comfortable at the strategic level, interested in solving problems and constant learning, unafraid of getting their hands dirty in the day-to-day operational challenges of their team.
- A jack/jill of all trades, who is comfortable wearing multiple hats – a finance leader interested in and knowledgeable about facilities management, HIPAA and information technology, willing to physically support direct reports and travel between buildings.
- An excellent manager who has led diverse teams, effectively delegates, can manage plans and projects from beginning to end, and is skilled at managing a range of personalities.
- A warm, authentic and curious organizational leader with excellent interpersonal skills, who leads with “yes”, who is proactive and forward thinking, bringing emotional intelligence and a strategic and visionary lens to their work.
- A master communicator who models excellent communication skills and customer service within their department and in relationships throughout the agency.
- Someone with high cultural competency, with a passion for diversity in the workplace, experience and commitment to creating and maintaining an equitable and inclusive environment for staff and volunteers.
- A collaborative, inclusive peer who will work as a partner with members of the Leadership team, helping to achieve the best organizational outcomes, genuinely interested in relationship building.
- A culture influencer who understands that Open Arms’ unique, relational culture is the key to our success and growth.
- Someone who excels in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with extremely diverse and distinct organizational departments.
- A community leader with a passion for volunteer-driven, community-building organizations, and a commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Open Arms.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in a financial leadership role, non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience managing organizational administration such as IT, facilities, compliance, and office management.
- 3+ years of senior leadership, with demonstrated success working with the senior leader of a division or the CEO/ED of a business or organization, with experience translating a strategic vision into a successful operating model and financial plan.
- 3+ years’ experience supervising staff in a positive environment, with demonstratable strong supervisory and management skills.
- Ability to work at both a high, strategic level and as a “do-er”, in an all-hands-on deck environment.
- Experience in and knowledge of nonprofit accounting strongly preferred, with an emphasis on the complexities of a variety of funding streams.
- Experience with the financial management of projects with multiple funders and varied reporting requirements.
- Experience with data security, HIPAA strongly preferred.
- Experience with financial audits, IRS (Internal Revenue Service) reporting requirements, and general non-profit recordkeeping.
- Preparation of financial statements and compliance monitoring.
- Experience in information technology hardware, software, and management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating favorable terms with vendors and others.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations and during busy periods.
- Ability to create and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Ability to be flexible, nimble and embrace change.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to provide friendly, excellent collaborative customer service to internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Active driver’s license and unrestricted for work-related driving.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Flexibility to work on two different worksites and off-site events.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and proactively.
- Sensitivity and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion with the ability to work respectfully with a wide array of co-workers and members of the community.
- A passion for the mission and values, and unique culture of Open Arms.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Compensation Range: $115,000- $130,000 annually
Location: Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
Hours: Full Time
Go HERE to learn more about Open Arms.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to join the amazing Open Arms team, please send resume and cover letter detailing pertinent experience to:
Open Arms of Minnesota Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2500 Bloomington Avenue S, Minneapolis MN 55404