Delivery Driver and Logistics Associate
This full-time position contributes to the fulfillment of Open Arms’ mission by supporting the Delivery and Logistics department. This position is primarily responsible for delivering meals to program clients, satellite partners, catering clients and organizational partners, and acting as a liaison between Open Arms and our satellite delivery teams. This position will also provide general Logistics Department support, including activities that assist with setting up or preparing for client deliveries. As with all OAM staff positions, this position is responsible for helping ensure volunteers and interns have an exemplary experience during all interactions with Open Arms and is expected to consistently maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients, and fellow team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently deliver to clients and other organizational partners (approximately 30 hours per week and increasing) as well as transporting food and equipment between OAM kitchens as regularly scheduled and on an “as needed” basis.
- Represent Open Arms’ values and mission through high customer service and a friendly, efficient demeanor while working with corporate, faith-based, and hospital satellite partners, as well as volunteers and clients.
- Build strong relationships with the partners, volunteers, and clients you meet while on delivery.
- Support Logistics & Delivery tasks on-site when not delivering, including meal pack-out process, and delivery/route preparations.
- Relay information shared by satellite partners back to Logistics and Delivery Manager accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain strict attention to detail, quality and safety when loading and unloading product from vehicles; ensure that items are properly stacked and secured inside the delivery vehicle.
- Ensure proper temperatures and food safety standards are upheld.
- Chart out appropriate route for delivery on the map or GPS and drive vehicle to the point of delivery by using the best possible route.
- Bring returned product back to Open Arms in the same condition it was in when it originally left the building.
- Ensure that delivery receipts or other required documentation is signed.
- Fill in pertinent information such as mileage and delivery time in logbooks.
- Inform the Logistics and Delivery Director of any problems or complaints by clients or others.
- Make sure that speed limits and safe driving practices are adhered to.
- Check vehicle for possible wear and tear and keep gas tank filled to at least ¼ of capacity at all times.
- Report any mechanical problems or damage to vehicles to supervisor.
- Help the Logistics Team prepare deliveries for the upcoming days as needed.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of delivery equipment such as cooler bags as needed.
- Help ensure Open Arms provides an outstanding experience for all volunteers by regularly seeking out meaningful and positive interactions with them and maintaining a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude at all times.
- Be a Champion of our mission, purpose, and values.
- Work as a team player and step in when needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Active Minnesota driver’s license and unrestricted for work-related driving.
- Acceptable driving record and insurable under current policies.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to read maps and follow written and verbal navigation instructions.
- Ability to understand and obey all traffic laws.
- A demonstrated commitment and understanding of high customer service.
- Good communication and human relation skills, with a positive attitude and friendly demeanor with clients, volunteers, and the general public.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and cheerful demeanor in stressful situations
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- High work ethic and demonstrated reliability.
- Flexibility to work in two different worksites.
- Availability to work during hours of operations and flexibility to work occasional weeknights or weekends.
- Ability to adhere to attendance and punctuality requirements, to meet time sensitive client and business needs.
- Sensitivity and commitment to diversity and able to work respectfully with wide array of co-workers and members of the community.
- A passion for the mission and values of Open Arms.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to drive a van and a box truck
- Able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage, and other items greater than 50 pounds, and able to transport up to 70 pounds.
- Able to periodically lift 50+ lbs. over-head.
- Able to work on feet and to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop, and twist. Requires full range of motion, manual dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull. Requires corrected vision, full color vision, sense of smell and taste, and hearing to normal range.
- Able to climb a ladder and work above ground.
- Able to withstand external weather conditions.
- Able to operate standard office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer, and copy machine.
August 25, 2022
minimum of $20.00 per hour
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2500 Bloomington Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
This position is eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/life/ STD/LTD insurance, paid Holidays, and personal time off (PTO), retirement plan with employer match program. Employee-paid vision plan is also available. Open Arms of Minnesota is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, disability, or socioeconomic status. We encourage all individuals with direct or transferrable experience to apply for our open positions.
Open Arms of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.