Each year, Open Arms of Minnesota celebrates Thanksgiving by providing our clients and their loved ones the opportunity to receive wholesome turkey dinners with all the fixings. The Thanksgiving feast is made with love in our South Minneapolis kitchen, and includes turkey, stuffing, vegetables, dinner rolls, dessert, and more. With the prices of turkeys and ingredients skyrocketing this year, it is critical that we raise $100,000 to ensure all our critically ill neighbors have the opportunity to have a special Thanksgiving celebration.
While supporting through donations is fantastic, we encourage you to start your own Turkey Drive fundraiser to share with your friends and family. You’ll even have a chance to win prizes! Read below to learn how to start a Turkey Drive fundraiser and about the sweet prizes you can win along the way.
How to Start A Turkey Drive Fundraiser & Earn Rewards
1. Start a Turkey Drive fundraiser
Starting a fundraiser is fun and easy! Visit turkey.openarmsmn.org to start. You can edit your donation page to personalize your message or even detail unique incentives attached to different support levels if you’d like. (More tips here.)
2. Share your Turkey Drive page with your network
Sharing your individual page is critical to the success of your fundraiser. Use our Turkey Toolkit for sample language for email and social media, including general tips and even sample images.
3. Keep promoting your fundraiser throughout the month
To encourage as many donations as possible, keep promoting your Turkey Drive until its final day, Sunday November 28. A great day to re-promote is each Tuesday of the month, as you can earn a gift card if you win the Turkey Tuesday Badge! (Details below)
4. Collect badges and earn rewards!
If you start a fundraiser, you have the chance to unlock six badges throughout the month, each coming with a prize! We will contact you directly about all badges and rewards.
Badges & Rewards:
• Open an Account Badge: receive an Open Arms Turkey Drive t-shirt when you start a fundraising page!
• Turkey Tuesday Badge: be the person with the most donors to your page on any given Tuesday in November and receive a gift card!
• Virtual High 5 Badge: get 5 people to each donate $5 or more by 5pm Friday, November 5 and receive a $5 Dairy Queen gift card!
• Gratitude Badge: raise $500 by Sunday, November 28 and receive an Open Arms Baseball t-shirt!
• Super Turkey Badge: raise $1,000 by Sunday, November 28 and receive your choice of a brand-new Open Arms fleece jacket or hoodie!
• Top Turkey Badge: the top two people who raise the most money will receive an Open Arms Pop-Up Dinner for two!
Thank you and have fun!