Each year, as part of YESvember, Open Arms of Minnesota celebrates Thanksgiving by providing a wholesome turkey meal to each client and their family. To ensure that they have a homemade feast to enjoy Thanksgiving Day, we ask that you consider donating to our 2020 Turkey Drive. With a 35% increase in clients since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in Minnesota, Open Arms has more clients than ever. This year, $100,000 is needed to provide all who need these Thanksgiving meals.
While supporting a current fundraising page is fantastic, we also encourage you to start your own Turkey Drive fundraiser to share with your friends and family. You’ll even have a chance to win prizes! Read below to learn about how to start a Turkey Drive fundraiser and the sweet prizes you can win along the way.
How to Start A Turkey Drive Fundraiser & Earn Rewards
1. Start a Turkey Drive fundraiser
Starting a fundraiser is fun and easy! Visit turkey.openarmsmn.org to start. You can edit your donation page to personalize your message or even detail unique incentives attached to different support levels if you’d like. More tips here.
2. Share your Turkey Drive page with your network
Sharing your page is of course critical to the success of your fundraiser. Visit our Turkey Toolkit for sample language for email and social media, including general tips and optional graphics!
3. Keep promoting your fundraiser throughout the month
To encourage as many donations as possible, keep promoting your Turkey Drive until its final day, Friday November 27. A great day to re-promote is each Tuesday of the month, as you can earn yourself a gift card if you win the Turkey Tuesday Badge! (Details below)
4. Collect badges and earn rewards!
If you start a fundraiser, you have the chance to unlock six badges throughout the month, each coming with a prize! We will contact you directly about all badges and rewards.
Badges & Rewards:
• Open an Account Badge: receive an Open Arms bandana when you start a page by 5pm Monday, November 2
• Turkey Tuesday Badge: be the person with the most donors to your page on any given Tuesday in November and receive a Lunds & Byerlys gift card
• Virtual High 5 Badge: get 5 people to each donate $5 or more by 5pm Thursday, November 5 and receive an Open Arms water bottle
• Gratitude Badge: raise $500 by Friday, November 27 and receive an Open Arms winter hat or baseball cap
• Super Turkey Badge: raise $1000 by Friday, November 27 and receive a brand new Open Arms Sherpa
• Top Turkey Badge: be the person who raises the most money and receive a trophy and a brand new Open Arms hooded sweatshirt
If you have any questions about Turkey Drive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And please don’t forget other ways you can support our clients by learning more about YESvember. Thank you and have fun!