Open Arms of Minnesota is a nonprofit that cooks and delivers free, nutritious meals to people living with life-threatening illnesses in the Twin Cities. We are also partnering with Ramsey County to provide meals to qualifying community members. If you are a Ramsey County resident and have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible to have prepared meals delivered to your home for free!
Within 48 hours after receiving a completed application, eligible clients will receive a weekly delivery consisting of 14 meals made from scratch with the help of many volunteers in our state-of-the-art kitchen. Deliveries typically include 5 frozen entrees with vegetable sides, 2 frozen soups, green and deli salads, fresh fruit, dessert and snack items, and milk and oatmeal upon request.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet ALL four of the following requirements:
• a Ramsey County resident
• over the age of 18
• homebound due to COVID-19 (directed to isolate or quarantine, health-compromised and need help accessing meals, or in a high-risk category as defined by the CDC)
• experiencing financial hardship
Additionally, you must not be currently receiving any of the following:
1. Foodservices for free, home-delivered meals and/or meals that are included in a paid service (examples include: foster care, personal care assistance services with foodservices, waiver services with foodservice, housing supports with room and board).
2. Subsidized free community services, such as Meals on Wheels, schools district meals, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the COVID-19 Response Program, please download the PDF form below. Once completed, please email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or print the form and fax it to 612-872-0866. If you have any questions about the referral process or need translation services, please contact one of our client services representatives at 612-767-7333.
There are additional food resources available to you!
• Call Hunger Solutions to get connected to other food programs and food shelves across the state of Minnesota!
• Are you a Ramsey County resident? Type your address in to the Ramsey County Food Resource Map to get updated information about food resources close to you. You can also call the Ramsey County resource hotline at 651-266-8500 or visit a Ramsey County Service Center to get connected to county services.
• Are you a Hennepin County resident? Find out about Hennepin County food resources here.