An overview of our work, our volunteers and our clients
– This year, our network of more than 2,400 volunteers will help cook and deliver more than 470,000 meals for people living with life threatening illnesses.
– In 2014, our volunteers gave us 54,400 hours of their time, the equivalent of about 26 full-time staff people.
– We welcome about 230 volunteer delivery drivers each week — from individuals to corporate teams — who make the final connection from our kitchen into the thankful hands of our clients.
– Our clients include people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis, and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
– Currently, we serve approximately 800 clients, caregivers and dependent children each week in the greater Twin Cities area.
– In terms of geography, we currently serve clients living in 106 Twin Cities zip codes.
– Our urban garden, which we call Open Farms, will produce many of the organic vegetables we will use in meals this year.