An overview of our work, our volunteers and our clients
- This year, our network of more than 1,900 volunteers will help cook and deliver more than 460,000 meals for people living with life threatening illnesses.
- In 2011, our volunteers gave us 52,000 hours of their time, the equivalent of about 26 full time staff people.
- We welcome about 200 volunteer delivery drivers each week — from individuals to corporate teams — who make the final connection from our kitchen into the thankful hands of our clients.
- Our clients include people living with HIV/AIDS, MS, ALS, breast cancer and more than 60 other diseases.
- Currently, we serve more than 800 clients, caregivers and dependent children each week in the greater Twin Cities area.
- In terms of geography, we currently serve clients living in 107 Twin Cities zip codes.
- Our three-acre garden, which we call Open Farms, will produce some 30,000 pounds of organic vegetables this year.