An overview of our work, our volunteers and our clients
– This year, our community of more than 5,400 volunteers will help cook and deliver over 600,000 meals for people living with life-threatening illnesses.
– Volunteers give us 62,010 hours of their time each year, the equivalent of 29 full-time staff people.
– We welcome about 230 volunteer delivery drivers each week — from individuals to corporate teams — who make the final connection from our kitchen into the thankful hands of our clients.
– Our clients include people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
– Currently, we serve approximately 1,000 clients, caregivers and dependent children each week in the Twin Cities area.
– We currently serve clients living in more than 100 Twin Cities zip codes.
– Our three urban farm plots, which we call Open Farms, will produce about 5,000 pounds of organic vegetables to use in client meals this year.